Mike Bartels | Instagram: @pinsandpassports | Handicap: 11
I met Mike on Instagram because of his love of Greyson. When I started carrying the brand, he always would comment and encourage the different pieces I talked about. It was awesome!! I don’t wear men’s golf clothes and he would share what he liked and how he wears certain combos. He sports that brand so well and always rocks their pieces in a real way all men today can learn from and copy. Mike LOVES golf and all aspects of the sport. From what he wears, places he plays and enjoys sharing everything he knows about the sport. You can count on Mike giving you his honest option and sharing everything cool about the sport. When I decided to do these golf style interviews, I knew I had to interview Mike. If you aren’t following him online, you should. Enjoy the interview!
1. What do you usually wear when you golf?
MB: My golf attire consists of both patterns, solid and stripes. How I wear them is very strategic. You rarely find me in a print shirt with “loud” trousers. I like to draw attention to the centerpiece of my outfit. With solids, I like to have fun. I can wear a more monochromatic look but have the centerpiece of the outfit be my belt, or I’ll wear a “louder” trouser. Same with my striped polos.
2. What brands do you like to wear when you golf?
3. What are 5 things you can find in your golf bag (that you can’t tee off without)?
MB: Range Finder (precision pro nx10)
Tyson Lamb putter
4. What brand and style of golf shoes do you love to wear?
5. What are the golf courses you frequent?
6. What courses are on your bucket list?
7. What pro golfer do you like their oncourse style the most?
MB: Justin Thomas
Erik Van Rooyen
8. What is one golf tip that improved your golf game?
9. What is your go to drink while on the course?
10. What is your must play course where you live for out of towners?